Hide Assigned User

qdPM is always in active development so put your suggestions here

Hide Assigned User

Postby scott » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 am

First off, this software is great! I have not fully explored it yet but it's exactly what I've been looking for the last 2 years. I have been wanting to write my own but have not had the time, but now I don't have to. I can't wait to get more familiar with this PM software. I installed it 1 hour ago and I'm already impressed.

I would like to see the ability to hide the assigned user from anybody who is signed in as a 'client'. I may want to outsource some of my work and I don't want my clients to see I have other people working on a project.

There's a couple reasons for this, first, I don't want a client to worry. Second, I have some clients who think they are my only customer and I don't want them to know I'm growing my business and have other customers and more work than I can handle on my own.

I have not looked at the source code. I'm sure I could just check the UAC for the user signed in and omit the column, but I don't want to good up any development standards. I'm sure a lot of solution providers and consultants who outsource would love a feature like that.

Thanks!!!

Scott
scott

Re: Hide Assigned User

Postby kindrosker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:30 pm

there is no configuration to hide assigned users but to work with client use Tickets and then create related Tasks to Ticket, so under ticket you just discuss with client his request and under task you can discuss any technical details with assigned members.

Also when client create ticket he just select Department so he don't have to worry which user has to be assigned...
kindrosker
Site Admin

Postby 1aahnoor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:04 am

I can't wait to get more familiar with this PM software. I installed it 1 hour ago and I'm already impressed.
I would like to see the ability to hide the assigned user from anybody who is signed in as a 'client'. 70-341
I may want to outsource some of my work and I don't want my clients to see I have other people working on a project.
1aahnoor

Postby andrewg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

1aahnoor wrote:I can't wait to get more familiar with this PM software. I installed it 1 hour ago and I'm already impressed.
I would like to see the ability to hide the assigned user from anybody who is signed in as a 'client'. 70-341
I may want to outsource some of my work and I don't want my clients to see I have other people working on a project.

I wanted to do a similar thing. Since the feature is not yet available to do this I just added a check for the user group id that can be found in the database.

For me the admin user group was 1 so I just added the code below to only show the tab IF the user group is less than 2. It's not the best solution but it works for now and is easy enough to remove later if the feature becomes available.

Here is the path to the script. core/apps/qdPM/modules/projects/templates/_form.php
Just find the tab for user and replace it with this code.

Code: Select all
<!-- start check for user group -->
  <?php if($sf_user->getAttribute('users_group_id')<2){ ?>
    <li>
    <a href="#tab_team" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo __('Assigned User') ?></a>
    </li> 
        <?php } else { echo 'You can have anything else here or leave this blank'; } ?>
<!-- end check -->

I am sure there is a better way to do this but hopefully it is just temporary until the feature is added.
andrewg

Return to Suggestions